1.1.15

Happy Happy New Year!

 
Welcome to 2015! 
 



I had to laugh that the last time I posted was exactly 1 year ago today...  I had big plans for the "Adorables" blog and business in 2014, but alas, here I am, no further ahead in that aspect than I was 365 days ago...  but onto new things!

Honestly, I set out in 2014 with absolutely huge plans and goals!  I signed up and took an amazing "how to achieve your goals" course through Simplify 101 throughout January and February, and can honestly say I kept up with it...for those 8 weeks.  One of the criteria and recommendations of the goal setting was to choose between one and seven goals, with ONE being your foreground (or main goal), and the others being background ones....  but of course I knew better what I can and can’t handle and as I now go though and debrief where things went awry I realize that I set well, FORTY NINE goals….seriously, FORTY NINE things I wanted to accomplish in 2014….


Seriously…I remember convincing myself that my goals were really only 7 – as they fell within 7 different life categories and the other 42 were just “smaller” goals to achieve the “big ones”…and I mean really, of course I can focus on more than one aspect of my life at a time….  Needless to say, the pace at which I would need to achieve the goals, was beyond unrealistic, and not at all sustainable, as I sit here a year later, and if I am honest with myself I achieved 6 of those goals…SIX….that’s a 12.2% completion rate…

However, I do have to say, that though I didn’t achieve all my goals, I did learn what my priorities were, as the goals that I did achieve fell in three life areas:  The maintenance and strengthening of relationships, financial management and travel.  I also learned that the things I originally felt were my first priorities really weren’t – and one that really surprised me was the care and success of my Etsy/Craft business.  I had BIG plans for it, but really found I lost my passion this year – it really felt like work for the first time in the 3 years I’ve been pursing it.  And I really had some great opportunities this year in expanding and getting my name and work out there…but my heart wasn’t in it.

Did I accomplish everything I’d set out to do on January 1, 2014?  Nope.  But to put it in sports terms, as I reflect on the past 12 months, I’m calling it my “rebuilding year”.  2013 was one of the most difficult years that personally and professionally I have faced, and 2014 allowed me an opportunity to rediscover who I am, what my passions are and what’s important to me. I think that in itself is a major accomplishment!

So, on New Years Day 2015, I’m sharing this quote with you and as a reminder to myself…

 
Cheers!
Alisia

No comments :

Post a Comment